Dundalk Personal Trainer Pregnancy Diet

Don't do this

I’m pregnant, should I eat for 2?🤰

An old myth that people often still refer to is the idea that women need to be eating for two during pregnancy. We now know that during pregnancy a woman’s body becomes much more efficient at absorbing nutrients and in using the bodies’ readily available stores of nutrients too. For this reason, calorie intake doesn’t increase much during pregnancy. .

Expectant mothers only need around 200-300 extra calories daily during pregnancy. What does 200-300 extra calories look like?

Any ONE of the following items:

-Bowl of porridge.

-2 pieces of fruit.

-1 chocolate bar.

-1 slice of bread with butter and jam.

-handful of nuts.

It is true that your nutrient needs increase, so that’s why its very important to keep food quality high.

Before becoming pregnant, I always wondered how my eating habits would change and would I just crave chocolate all day everyday. But to be honest, my diet hasn’t changed a whole lot. My approach to nutrition is 80/20, and has remained pretty much the same throughout my pregnancy so far. I have increased my calories by having the extra bit of chocolate and/or extra spuds with my dinner🍩.

80% of my foods come form nutrient dense sources, such as meat, eggs, yogurts, rice, potatoes, fruit and vegetables. The remaining 20% comes from less nutrient dense sources, but highly palatable foods like, chocolate, biscuits, ice cream and Nutella.

Another thing I am keeping a really close eye on is my protein intake each day. It directly affects me and my little baby. Pre pregnancy I consumed 120g on a daily basis, now I’m aiming for 130-140g daily.

Adequate dietary protein is crucial to ensure you have a healthy baby. The amino acids in protein help build everything from the baby’s muscles to its brain.

From my point of view, I want to hold onto any muscle tissue I have to keep me strong and fit throughout my journey. If I was to eat a low protein diet, I wouldn’t be long losing the muscle I have worked very hard for.

More Posts

Gym party

Seriously?

Ever notice on so many things posted on Social Media where it says the exact price and/ or location of the item and the first

B and f 1

Check Ryan’s Story

Be sure to congratulate Ryan on his great progress – Even though he is 7 years OLDER on the right he is 48lbs LIGHTER, Yes

Share: